Saturday 30 November 2013

Dany

You'll catch a very brief clip from a 1968 movie Le Pacha in my latest playlist(I haven't seen the movie as of yet-but I am familiar with Gainsbourg's very funky sitar beat soundtrack)the female lead wears a rather nice coat in this movie too so thought I'd do some research on Dany Carrel and post a few pics of her, nice to see a woman of Asian origin in big roles as far back as the mid 1950's I can't take old films seriously if the actress or actor is playing a role which isn't their racial origin-Ava Gardner springs to mind as does Charlton Heston in a Touch of Evil or Yul Brenner in The King and I (although he doesn't do a bad job)I'll have to track Le Pacha down if there's a subtitled version .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You May Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...