Friday 22 November 2013

Manipulation

Some very early examples of my ham fisted attempts at mixing photo manipulation and comics - I guess from over ten years ago when computers and internet were very new to me... the outfit and poses came from J-Grace,(now Dominatricis websites)which in a way was a godsend as I had this character a hitwoman badass type and that site was perfect source of reference- not quite sure who the heads belong too I think I tried to alter them as much as possible .. in fact I think the first two pics were actully before I even used photoshop (hence rain effect) third pic features some very crappy typeface indeed- although I do like the Zombie Bride and Groom -but really I had no idea how to make these pictures work.. final pic is my first attempt at doing a story using photo manipulation- really it's far too technical for me - I think I understand and enjoy painting more - but an interesting experiment, there's some really fantastic manipulators out there- but I see this as my revenge on all those drossy photo romance comic strips that my sisters would read in the early 80's -perhaps mix medias the way ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You May Also Like..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...